- "What you seek is already in your possession." ~ Lao Tzu
- "What you seek is seeking you." ~ Rumi
- "What you seek, you already are." ~ Deepak Chopra
- "All that you seek is already within you." ~ Ram Dass
- "What you seek is within you, if you only reflect." ~ Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra)
- "Why wait for heaven? Those who seek the light are merely covering their eyes. The light is in them now. Enlightenment is but a recognition, not a change at all." ~ A Course in Miracles
- "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you. What you are seeking is not different from your very own self." ~ David R. Hawkins
- "Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." ~ Buddha (Gautama)
Many of the things that people desire in life, including the big house, well paying job, and perfect marriage, are really just a desire to feel a particular way. You might think that those things can make you feel happy, secure, fearless, and free, but the truth is, nothing outside of yourself can make you feel those things. You can learn to find those feelings within. Be careful though, once you do, you'll realize you don't need all that stuff after all.
Now that I know where to look for happiness I have found that I require a lot less stuff. My family and friends think I'm crazy because I'm always trying to find a way to live with less. All of the things I spent years collecting now feel suffocating and take up way too much of my precious time to organize and maintain. Seeking within has really helped me to focus on what is most important to me in life.
I'd love to share my signature mantra with you. Hopefully, it will provide you with the peace and happiness that it has brought me. If you've got your own signature mantra, please tell me about it in the comments below. I'd love to hear what phrase helps to guide you.
In peace and happiness,